The Week Ahead
- Sunday, December 4 Breakfast with Santa (after all masses)
- Monday, December 5 Pre-K, K, 1 Christmas Program 8:15 AM
- Wednesday, December 7 Grades 2, 3, 4 Christmas Program 8:15 AM
- Thursday, December 8 Immaculate Conception/All School Mass
- Friday, December 9 Out of Uniform Day
- Club Connection (Grades 3, 4 and 5)
- Thursday, December 15 Soup and Salad Dinner 5 – 6 PM
- Grades 5, 6, 7, 8 Christmas Program 6:30 PM
- Jr. High Exams December 12-15
- Friday, December 16 Christmas Holiday begins 11:30 AM dismissal
Bags of Candy
Remember that we are in need of bags of candy, for the Ladies’ of Charity Christmas Collection. Each school in the diocese is expected to bring in one item. This is ours. We are expected to bring in 300 bags. If every child brings in one bag we will reach our quota. Please bring bags to the office.
This Week’s Accreditation Visit
We received a great report on this week’s accreditation visit. According to our evaluators, St. Edward is a community where there is lots of love, very welcoming, excellent learning, and a dedicated faculty. We were praised for our emphasis in math and science. Teachers were lauded for the level of engagement observed within the classrooms. Thanks for all you do to support this great learning institution
Please remember to stop by the cafeteria on Sunday for the Santa Breakfast sponsored by the Knights of Columbus. This wonderful group does so much to support our students and teachers. We thank them for their partnership and hope that you can join them on Sunday.
Ms. Karen Lasich, 2nd grade teacher has informed us that she will be retiring from St. Edward School, effective this month. Many of your children have had Mrs. Lasich over the years and know the love and care that she has shown our kids. Please join me in wishing her well on her new adventure.
The deadline to order pictures has been extended for 2 weeks. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact Uchida Photography at 615-662-0706
Annual Giving Fund
St. Edward School’s Annual Giving Fund is now underway! Information went home with your student before Thanksgiving. The St. Edward parents along with St. Edward parishioners, raised over $200,000 last school year for our school.
100% of all AGF funds go directly to the immediate and future needs of our school. Send in your pledge/gift soon. We strive for 100% participation from our parents.
St. Edward Women’s Retreat
The annual Women’s retreat will be on January 7-8 at Camp Marymount in Fairview, TN. The theme is Come away with me……..rest with Jesus! Women from all stages of life are invited to attend. Click here to register. Space is limited so register soon!
Need a fun family outing? Check out this movie!
- Spirit Wear orders are due on November 30th. Orders will be delivered in time for Christmas.
- The all school Thanksgiving Mass will be on Tuesday, November 22nd at 8:00am. All parents are invited to attend!
- Don’t forget to send in a bag of hard candy for the Ladies of Charity Christmas food baskets.
- St. Edward Aftercare is hiring! If you know of someone who could work from 3-6pm, please contact Ms. Peggy.
- Thanksgiving Break: November 23-28th. Students return on Tuesday, November 29th.
A HUGE thank you to the parents who helped with the Channel 5 election coverage this past Tuesday. Our amazing community covered 158 polls with over 100 volunteers. Thank you to Mary Beth Easler who organized the volunteers. The school will receive $5000 from Channel 5 for participating.
It’s almost time for the Saints’ Soiree! The St. Edward Community is looking forward to a fun evening tomorrow night. We are grateful to the many parents who have worked so hard to make sure this event is a success.
- Interim grades will be posted on Wednesday, November 16th
- St. Edward will host an Open House for prospective parents on Wednesday, October 16th from 6:30-8:30. Please spread the word to your family, friends and co-workers.
- Thanksgiving Holidays: November 23- November 28. School will resume on Tuesday, November 29th.
- The school is collecting individually wrapped hard candies for the Ladies of Charity Christmas food baskets. Each student is asked to donate a bag by Thursday, December 1st. Candy can be turned in to the school office.
- Just a reminder that the school doors do not open until 7:00am. Please make sure that you stay with your child until the doors open and you see a teacher.
If you missed out, here is another chance to order the NEW spirit wear. We will have a flash sale until Wednesday, November 30th. All orders must be turned in by November 30th. The spirit wear will be delivered in time for Christmas gifts. Information for ordering will be in Wednesday’s folders for order forms.
The memorial brick garden should be finished today! Stop by after Mass this weekend and check it out.
God Bless all of the parents, alumni and members of our community who have proudly served our country! We salute you!
Dates to Remember
- Monday, November 7: Winter Uniform Regulations Resume
- Tuesday, November 8: ELECTION DAY – thanks to all who are covering a poll!
- Saturday, November 12: Saints’ Soiree
- Sunday, November 20: Grades 3, 4 and 5 to 8 a.m. Sunday Mass
- Monday, November 28: No School for Students; Professional Development for Teachers
Please join me in congratulating Sarah Davison, voice and piano teacher. Sarah and her band, Highroad won the 2016 Christian Country Group of the Year Award.
Veterans’ Day Parade
We are proud to announce that St. Edward will have a float in the Nolensville Veteran’s Day Parade on Saturday, November 12th. We are inviting all students who live in or around Nolensville to ride on the float. The parade begins around 11:00 a.m. so students will need to meet around 10:00 a.m. to get on the float. The parade will be over around 12 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. We are also inviting the SES cheerleaders to walk beside the float. Please let Mrs. Guinn know ASAP if your child would like to participate.
The parade route begins on Oldham Drive, right on Dortch, right on Stonebrook, left onto Nolensville Road and through the Historic District ending on Ballpark Road.
Ladies’ of Charity Christmas Basket
Once again, SES is collecting bags of wrapped candy to donate to the Nashville Ladies’ of Charity for their Christmas Basket distribution. Please send bags to the office. Thank you.
Check out the beautiful fence surrounding the playground. Thanks to all for your help. Watch next week for the new brickscape currently being installed outside the pavilion.
If you are interested in being part of the Uniform Committee, please or email Dr. Wharton in the office. Considerations are now being made for some updates beginning next year. Commitment will involve approximately two meetings from now until mid-December when decisions will be made.
Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to purchase your tickets for Saints’ Soiree! Send in your forms to the office tomorrow morning or purchase tickets online.
If you are in need of volunteer points, please sign up for a volunteer shift.
Announcements for the week of 10/31
- Reminder that we are out of school on Monday, October 31st for Parent Teacher Conferences and Professional Development.
- Tuesday is the LAST day to purchase tickets for the Saints Soiree’.
- St. Edward is hosting an Open House for prospective families on Wednesday, November 16th from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Please invite family, friends and co-workers to visit our great school.
- The 2nd Grade and Knights of Columbus are hosting a coat drive until November 1st. They are accepting clean, gently used coats.
- We normally switch to the winter uniform on November 1st, but due to the warm weather expected next week we will not change until Monday, November 7th.
- The school will be attending Mass on Tuesday, November 1st for All Saints Day.
- Friday, November 4th is an out of uniform day for students.
- We are having a campus work day TOMORROW from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Parents can earn 15 points per 2 hours shift. Click here to sign-up.
Congratulations to the 8th grade cheerleaders who placed 3rd in the Diocesan Cheer Competition last Saturday. Thanks to all of the fan support, SES brought home the Spirit Award too!
Have a fun and safe Halloween weekend!